Monday 21 December 2015

Atkinsons & The Hall

Lancaster Trip


I had wanted to try this coffeeshop 'The Hall' for a while on the recommendation of some friends so yesterday, I tied the trip in with some Christmas shopping!

Atkinsons, which is a family run business are based in Lancaster and have a fantastic little shop next door to the cafe. They try and source from family farms and businesses wherever possible to support companies like themselves. 

Since creating my blog, I had seen a lot of talk and interaction around Atkinsons and the 'Coffeehopper' (their social media account) with places in Preston and Manchester, as well as it's hometown in Lancaster so I couldn't wait to try it out. 


I chose the gluten free lemon cake and a latte, and my partner chose the chocolate brownie and a latte. Both delicious- the lemon cake was absolutely melt in the mouth. Perfectly gooey and sweet, just the best complimentary treat to have with my latte. Which was equally as delicious, not only was the coffee great; you got to see the baristas hard at work with the percolators and coffee gadgets. It was ace. 


The decor was earthly and homey, with wooden benches and high wooden tables and stools, and there was a real mix of clientele; families, students with laptops, young couples. It accommodates everyone. I would recommend on a Sunday getting there early, as we arrived at about three, and there was only one sandwich left!

I love this place- and the great news is.....I have just got a new job and the office is PRACTICALLY next door! I am most definitely going to be a regular.

          


         




PS, even the toilets are nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment